Okotoks Programs and Services
The Job Placement Program is provided to any Albertan over the age of 18 that is ready, willing and able to return to work but is having difficulties obtaining interviews and job offers. The client will work with a Job Placement Coach for a period of up to 12 weeks on Job Search Techniques and Employment Preparation before being matched into a job placement where the client will continue to receive support from the Job Placement Coach.
This program offers each program participant:
- Assessment of skills and development of a Skills Profile
- Identification of realistic job goals
- Customized job search supports including Resume and Cover Letter; Self-marketing; Interview Preparation; Portfolio Development; Short Course Training
- Direct Job Matching/Placement
- Customized Job Maintenance supports for client and employer for three months
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
- Currently unemployed/underemployed
- Ready, willing and able to go to work
- Over the age of 18
- Up to 12 weeks of customized support in job search and employment preparation
- Access to short term courses if required for employment
- Interview preparation for direct placement into interviews/employment
- On-the-job supports designed to meet employer and employee needs for up to three months
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta is in partnership with the Government of Canada
- 12 weeks with 3 months employment retention support
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Supply Chain
- Retail Sales
- Child Care
- Oil & Gas
- Teaching Assistant
- Sales Associate
- Customer Service Agent
- Barn Hand
- Special Events Coordinator
- Installer Technican
- Guest Services Manager
- Assistant manager – Retail
- Truck Driver
- Community Support Worker
- Laboratory Assistant
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are unemployed, ready to get back to work but are having trouble securing interviews or getting a job offer, our Job Placement program may be the right choice for you.
Interested in learning more about our Job Placement Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Job Placement - Okotoks
“”I am new to the High River and Okotoks area. I have an educational background in marketing. Over the past 7 years I have generally held management positions within companies. Unfortunately with Okotoks and High River being such a small area there wasn’t a ton of options for me work wise. McBride Career Group had set me up with a Career Coach to help me with job placement and over all preparedness for the work force out here. She took time looking up suitable jobs, helping me with presentations and doing mock interviews as well as constantly doing follow ups with me. My coach has guided me into finding a successful construction management career that I am happy with. Her bubbly personality and her drive gave me the confidence. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with her.”