Calgary Programs and Services
Winning Edge: Workplace Training
Do you have lots of skills but aren’t sure what job would be a good fit for them?
Winning Edge: Workplace Training is an MCG program that works in partnership with employers to provide unemployed Albertans with career training and work experience. Employers agree to train program participants and provide a paid work experience opportunity for a predetermined period of time. In most cases, the participants’ transition from contract to permanent employment with the employer upon successful completion of the program.
This program offers each program participant:
- Skill gap analysis
- Paid training to offset a skill gap or lack of formal training
- Access to employers
- Wage subsidy offered to employers during training
- Job placement
- Ongoing support
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.ty Requirements
- Currently unemployed
- Have employment skills that are easily transferable to other industries, but still need specific employer training
- Looking for full-time employment
- Designed to help industry professionals transition into new careers/industries
- An on-the-job training component
- Paid work experience placement component
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta is in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Maximum of 26 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Cleaning Services
- Business Solutions
- Home Care
- Accent Lighting Installer
- Medical Administration
- Office Administration
- Environmental Safety Consultant
- Home Cleaning Professional
- Support Desk Technician
- Warehouse Technician
- Support Worker
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking to change careers/have easily industry-transferable employment skills, but need some workplace training, then WPT may be the right fit for you.
Interested in learning more about our Winning Edge – Workplace Training Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Work Place Training - Calgary
“I had a wonderful experience with MCG…they found me a job within a week with my qualifications. Looking for a job on my own was taking me months and a few interviews here and there and no success I might add…I never heard of them before. So I thought why not give them a chance, what do I got to loose, nothing. Had an appointment the following week. They matched me up with a job that was perfect for me. Arranged an interview for me. Got the job. Filled out some paperwork. Started the following week. It’s nice to have someone on your side that is positive. I had a great experience and would recommend that agency to everyone!”