Edmonton Programs and Services
Growth 4U: Employment Program for People Dealing With Mental Health Issues
Growth 4 U is a program that has been specifically designed to help individuals with mental-health issues obtain and maintain employment. Our MCG Job Coaches work closely with program participants and create a ‘Return to Work Action Plan’ which outlines the steps needed to successfully enter or re-enter the workforce.
Growth 4 U offers each program participant:
- An In-depth assessment where the participant’s needs are identified
- One-on-one supports for individuals not receiving employment insurance
- Employment preparation workshops
- Paid work experience
- Job placement
- This program is funded by Service Canada and is offered to participants at no cost. Intake is conducted on a continuous basis.
This program is funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund Program.
- Currently unemployed
- Coping with diagnosed or self-diagnosed mental illness
- Designed to help people with mental-health issues obtain employment
- Paid work-experience placement
- Ongoing support after completion of the program until full-time employment is obtained
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by Service Canada
- Approximately 12 weeks
Industries of Employment / Employers
- Food Service
- Industrial Cleaning
- Parking-lot Attendant
- Kitchen Helper
- Customer Service
- Warehouse Associate
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are dealing with a mental health issue (which may include but are not limited to: anxiety; depression; PTSD; bipolar disorder) and are currently unemployed/ seeking new employment opportunities, this program is a great option for you to consider.
P 780-448-1380 | F 780-448-1392
Address: 11th Floor, 10109 – 106 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 3L7
Interested in learning more about our Growth 4U (G4U) Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Growth 4U - Edmonton
“My personal experience with this program has been nothing but wonderful. I came to this program hoping at getting back on my feet. Previously at my old job was gone and the office is now closed I began to worry as to where my future was going. Through a good friend and colleague, I was referred into this program to hopefully make a step in the right direction… I am currently working in my work term placement and enjoying it. I loved the benefits I got to it’s nice that I have Helped now before it was hard for me as I struggled to fit it. I recommend this program it helps people in need and to see they succeed”