Calgary Programs and Services
Rapid Employment Services
Employment support for job ready Albertans who are ready, willing and able.
Rapid Employment Services is a service for job-ready Albertans looking to enter the workplace immediately. Participants work one-on-one with a Job Coach to determine their job search needs and will have access to employment services based on individual needs.
Rapid Employment Services assists participants through the following:
- Job Search Skills & Assistance/Direct Job Matching
- Writing of Customized Resumes & Cover Letters
- Access to Short-Term Training
- Completion of Job Applications
- Labour Market Information
- Weekly Career Cafés
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to participate if you are:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed (20 hours or less/week)
- Are ‘job-ready,’ meaning you are not in need of extensive employment skills/training development
- Between the ages of 18 and 64
- Seeking full-time employment
- Designed to help job-ready Albertans enter the workforce immediately and to obtain full-time employment
- Short-term retraining and workforce adjustment
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Maximum of 16 weeks
- Continuous intake
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- All Industries and Sectors
- Customer Service/Sales
- Health Care Aide
- Unit Clerk
Is this service the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and/or underemployed (20 hours or less/week), are between the ages of 18 and 64, and are job-ready (not in need of extensive employment skills training/development), Rapid Employment Services may be the right fit for you.
Interested in learning more about our Rapid Employment Services Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Rapid Employment Services - Calgary
“I came to know of MCG through a flyer handed to me by their staff during a visit at Forest Lawn Library. They responded to my call and I was advised to email my resume. Subsequently, personal meeting was ensured with their staff and I further attended two regular sessions held every Friday at their office. During said meetings, job searching, potential independent micro-business, resume preparation are some of the topics discussed. Incoming Job Fair events with participating companies were strongly imparted during the session’s meeting…on April 23, 2018 I went to the job fair held at Victoria Stampede and found two companies hiring for my trade. Later that day, I received an email and a phone call for an interview the following day, where they hired me and to commence work at once. My gratitude to the MCG staff for their technical support and services in finding me a job. Also, for the financial assistance for the tools I needed to start my career”