Okotoks Programs and Services
Experience Counts – Targeted Initiative for Mature Workers (TIMW)
Innovative job search strategies, computer skills training, and personal development – that can help you achieve meaningful and rewarding employment.
Now accepting applicants.
Experience Counts – Targeted Initiative for Mature Workers (TIMW) is an MCG program that provides mature workers with the opportunity to update their current skills in a supportive environment, attain and maintain their employment goals through informed decision making, and build their confidence.
TIMW offers each program participant:
- An in-depth assessment where the participant’s needs are identified
- 6 weeks of in-class professional and personal development
- Ongoing, individualized support until either employment or further education has been obtained
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to enroll if you are:
- Currently unemployed
- Currently having difficulty securing employment
- Ages 50 – 65
- Assists mature Albertan workers to further develop their professional skills and obtain employment
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Minimum of 6 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers
- Food Services/Hospitality
- Health Care
- Cattle Processing Technician
- Health Care Aide
- Construction Labourer
- Store Supervisor
- Sales Associate
- Class 1 Driver
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed, are 50 – 65 years of age, and are having difficulty finding employment opportunities, then the Experience Counts – Targeted Initiative for Mature Workers may be the right choice for you.
P 403-995-4377| F 403-995-3616
Address: Box 1216, Bay 3, 87 Elizabeth Street, Okotoks, AB, T1S 1B2
Interested in learning more about our Targeted Initiative for Mature Workers Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Work Experience (TIMW) - Okotoks
“The Experience Counts Program has been an amazing opportunity for me to learn, network, and build my confidence. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone seeking to change careers, upgrade their skills ,or seeking employment. Without this program, I would not have had the confidence or the skills to move forward in my chosen career path”