Red Deer Programs and Services
Winning Edge: Workplace Training
Are you ready to work but not sure what job would be a good fit for you?
Winning Edge: Workplace Training provides job seekers with individual-focused training and work experience aimed at developing the skills needed by local employers. Employers provide training through a paid work experience opportunity allowing individuals to gain occupation-related and essential skills. In most cases, the work experience transitions into permanent employment with the employer upon completion of the Winning Edge program.
This program offers each participant:
- Careful analysis of current skills and skills gaps
- Individual training/action plans
- Paid work experience to provide training to address skills gaps
- Access to Red Deer Regional Employers
- Job placement and ongoing support with Career and Job Development Coaches
- For participating employers – wage subsidies during the training period
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
- Resident of Alberta
- 18 years of age or older
- Out of school (K – 12) for a minimum of 12 months
- Unemployed and legally entitled to work and train in Canada
- Ready, willing and able to participate in full-time employment
- Designed to help unemployed Albertans attach to the local employers
- Practical, on-the-job training
- Paid work experience
- Offered at no cost
- Maximum duration of 26 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Cleaning Services
- Business Solutions
- Home Care
- Accent Lighting Installer
- Office Administration
- Environmental Safety Consultation
- Home Cleaning Professional
- Support Desk Technican
- Warehouse Technician
- Support Worker
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed/underemployed and are looking to change careers and hace industry-transferable employment skills, but need some workplace training, then WPT may be the right fit for you.
P 403-596-6642 | F 403-986-6402
Address: 210 4814 50 Street, Red Deer, AB T4N 1X4
Interested in learning more about our Winning Edge – Workplace Training Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Work Place Training - Red Deer
“I had a wonderful experience with MCG…they found me a job within a week with my qualifications. Looking for a job on my own was taking me months and a few interviews here and there and no success I might add…I never heard of them before. So I thought why not give them a chance, what do I got to loose, nothing. Had an appointment the following week. They matched me up with a job that was perfect for me. Arranged an interview for me. Got the job. Filled out some paperwork. Started the following week. It’s nice to have someone on your side that is positive. I had a great experience and would recommend that agency to everyone!”