Calgary Programs and Services
Increase your skills and succeed in the workplace.
StepUp is an MCG program that provides Career and Employment Services to Albertans who require literacy and essential skills development to help them obtain employment.
StepUp to Success offers each program participant:
- A self-directed resource and job search centre
- An in-depth assessment that assists in identifying the participants needs
- Career Coaching
- Individualized Service Plan Development
- Literacy and Essential Skills Workshops including: Community Life Skills, Career Planning, Conflict Resolution, Job Planning and Preparation, Computer Skills and more
- Job Placement Component
- Funding available for additional Short Courses, Employment Readiness (certificates, tickets, designations, etc.) and Supplemental Training.
- Follow-up support for a 3 month period after completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
- Alberta Resident
- Ages 18 and up (Exceptions can be made for 16-18 yr old’s)
- Currently unemployed or marginally employed
- Not attending and education program under the School Act
- Ready, willing, and able to work
- Designed to help unemployed and underemployed Albertans obtain full-time employment
- Literacy skills and essential Skills development
- Job Placement component
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Length of service varies
If you are currently unemployed or underemployed and are interested in developing your skills for success and assistance in seeking employment, this program may be the right choice for you.
Interested in learning more about our StepUp Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Step Up - Calgary
“I am is so grateful. The training I received contributed to me securing this position. I am forever grateful for all you have done for me and I will hold you in my heart forever.”