Calgary Programs and Services
ReBrand: Employment Initiative for Youth in Alberta
An Employment Skills Program for Youth Between 17 and 30.
What’s holding you back? Learn today’s employability skills and launch your job search!
ReBrand is a province-wide program that provides youth in Alberta with an opportunity to develop essential life and career skills. Participants work through a series of facilitator led program modules that aide in career planning, education planning, stress management, job search, networking, and much more. The end-goal upon program completion is for program participants to either obtain full-time employment and/or to return to school to pursue further education.
ReBrand offers each program participant:
- 10 weeks of Paid Personal and Employment Skill Development
- Career & Educational Planning
- Resume & Job Search Support
- Short Term Certificate Training
- 8 Weeks Paid Work Quality Employment Opportunity (Work Experience) which includes on-going support from a Job Coach
- Job Placement
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Currently unemployed
- Between the ages of 17 and 30
- Out of school for a minimum of 6 months
- Able to attend full-time training for 21 weeks
- Looking for full-time entry-level employment, and/or to further pursue educational opportunities
- Designed to help youth in Alberta to prepare for and obtain employment/pursue further education
- Paid work experience placement component
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy Skills Link Program
- 18 weeks
- Continuous – 3 month intervals
Industries of Employment/Employers in Entry Level Positions:
- And many others according to Labour Market Availability!
- Service Advisor
- Kennel Assistant
- Account Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service
- General Labourer
- Shipping and Receiving
- And many more!
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are between the ages of 17 to 30 and are looking to gain entry-level work experience, or need assistance with education-planning, this program may be the right choice for you.
Interested in learning more about our ReBrand Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
ReBrand - Calgary
“I would like to take this time to thank you for allowing me to be part of the Rebrand Program. From the day you interviewed me for the first time. Giving me the opportunity to have a job…I am grateful you put me in the class to learn the lessons. This will help me boost my confidence and be more positive. As I begin new job tomorrow I want to thank you for making connections…”