Red Deer Programs and Services
Priority Employer Program (PEP)
An MCG – Growth 4 U initiative to empower employers and connect them with an under-represented and under-utilized workforce thereby enhancing diversity and inclusion in Alberta.
PEP is an employer-focused initiative that supports employment for persons with disabilities by offering a range of resources, training, and guidance to help employers recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities. PEP supports the development of inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplaces.
This initiative offers each employer:
- Connections to qualified candidates that are ready, willing, and able to work
- On-line or in-person education and training related to advancing inclusion in the workplace
- Access to employer-focused tools, resources, and publications
- Assistance with applications for employer grants/funding
- Provision of accessibility and ergonomic assessments for the workplace
- Access to upskills training and micro-credentialing for current and new employees with disabilities
- Access to upskills training and micro-credentialing for direct supervisors of staff with disabilities
Employer Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested in becoming a more inclusive and diversified employer
- Willing to consider hiring qualified candidates with disabilities
- In compliance with Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Standards Code
- Has proper insurance coverage and WCB as required
- Support and guidance with human resources activities
- Development of inclusive job ads and job descriptions
- Support developing and implementing corporate Inclusion Statements
- Employer interview preparation
- Free job postings
- Onboarding and employee retention support
- Facilitation of workshops/training
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Inclusive leadership training
- True Colors Workshops Priority
Is this program right for my company?
If you are having trouble finding workers, or are interested in learning more about diversity and inclusion in the workplace, or have found the perfect candidate for a job who has a disability you wish to accommodate, then PEP could be an excellent opportunity for your company.
PEP is available to employers in Edmonton and Red Deer.
Interested in learning more about the PEP initiative or wanting to access any of the above resources? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
PEP - Red Deer
“I just wanted to let you know that we think the employer portal is fantastic! It is very well designed and so easy to use. We really enjoy the individual sections and have found it to be very user friendly. We are so encouraged by the content and our ability to support our existing and any new employees we may have with our organization that may experience barriers to success in their work with our organization. Thanks again. “