Okotoks Programs and Services
Priority Employer Program (PEP)
An MCG – Growth 4 U initiative to empower employers and connect them with an under-represented and under-utilized workforce thereby enhancing diversity and inclusion in Alberta.
PEP is an employer-focused initiative that supports employment for persons with disabilities by offering a range of resources, training, and guidance to help employers recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities. PEP supports the development of inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplaces.
This initiative offers each employer:
- Connections to qualified candidates that are ready, willing, and able to work
- On-line or in-person education and training related to advancing inclusion in the workplace
- Access to employer-focused tools, resources, and publications
- Assistance with applications for employer grants/funding
- Provision of accessibility and ergonomic assessments for the workplace
- Access to upskills training and micro-credentialing for current and new employees with disabilities
- Access to upskills training and micro-credentialing for direct supervisors of staff with disabilities
Employer Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested in becoming a more inclusive and diversified employer
- Willing to consider hiring qualified candidates with disabilities
- In compliance with Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Standards Code
- Has proper insurance coverage and WCB as required
- Support and guidance with human resources activities
- Development of inclusive job ads and job descriptions
- Support developing and implementing corporate Inclusion Statements
- Employer interview preparation
- Free job postings
- Onboarding and employee retention support
- Facilitation of workshops/training
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Inclusive leadership training
- True Colors Workshops Priority
Is this program right for my company?
If you are having trouble finding workers, or are interested in learning more about diversity and inclusion in the workplace, or have found the perfect candidate for a job who has a disability you wish to accommodate, then PEP could be an excellent opportunity for your company.
PEP is available to employers in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Okotoks, High River and surrounding rural communities.
Interested in learning more about the PEP initiative or wanting to access any of the above resources? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
PEP - Foothills
“I started out in near poverty and became a very successful entrepreneur only to end up losing it all and became homeless in this past year. I came to the MCG Calgary Career and Employment Centre for assistance as I had never looked for a job and had no basis on where to start. With a lot of hard work and a ton of support from my new friends at MCG, I have not only been able to acquire a home but I also had multiple job offers within a few months. It all starts with hope which becomes belief and if you believe, truly believe it becomes faith and faith is definitive. Anyone can do it with the right help.”