MCG Careers is seeking two Job Placement Coaches (JPC) for our Employment Preparation for Careers in Construction (EPIC) program, with one Job Placement Coach being located out of Calgary and the other in Edmonton. These roles are for a fixed contract length of five months, with the possibility of a contract extension.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The Job Placement Coach works to establish and nurture relationships with employers in the construction and related industries with the goal of providing work experience and employment opportunities for clients of the EPIC program in a variety of industry roles. The JPC will work collaboratively with other program staff and clients to support clients in developing the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to find, obtain and sustain employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market program and promote to potential employers.
- Recruitment of employers.
- Employment Coaching.
- Follow up on job placement candidates through on-site monitors and report 90 Day Outcome
- Mediate any concerns around employment standards, contracts, and training plan outcomes.
- Engagement and relationship building between clients and employers.
- Knowledge of the local labour market.
- Assist clients with implementing effective employment search strategies, including writing resumes, developing career portfolios, interview skills, job search strategies, etc.
- Monthly reporting as required.
- Attend meetings and act as company representative where required.
- File maintenance, contact notes and updating service plans.
- Related post-secondary education and experience working in a client-based industry and experience working with a broad range of age groups and backgrounds.
- Experience with various types of recruitment strategies
- Strong understanding of the career planning process
- Computer competencies
- Communication and problem-solving skills, exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills networking abilities
- Interviewing and assessment training
- Access to a reliable vehicle
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person