Vulcan and Region Family and Community Support Services
Preventative Social Services
37.5 hours per week from August 1, 2023 – March 31, 2025.
The Outreach Worker will work directly with older adults to support their ability to stay in their own homes, reduce isolation and work through barriers to services and create connection. This may include in home visits, emotional support, attending activities with clients, transportation, supporting mental health and addictions and connecting with appropriate supports.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with other staff.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, healthcare professionals and other agencies while supporting clients or making referrals.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with vulnerable population.
- Post-secondary diploma or higher in social work, human services, psychology or equivalency of experience and education working with older adults and diverse populations is required.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care.
- Current First Aid/CPR.
- Solid computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Knowledge of community resources and supports.
- Dependable; ability to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Police check and Child Intervention check is required for employment.
- This position will involve travel around Vulcan County and nearby urban centres. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Competition will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or apply in person at 105B 3rd Avenue South, Box 594 Vulcan, AB T0L 2B0