Cargill is hiring for full-time Meat Cutters-Retail/Wholesale to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes south of Calgary in High River Alberta. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately-owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
Vacancies: 50 positions
Hours: 40.00 Hours / Week
There are two shifts:
1st shift starts at 7:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm with one coffee break and one lunch break
2nd shift starts at 4:pm to approximately 1:00 am with one coffee break and one lunch break
Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is paid at time and a half.
Career Level: Experienced
Work setting: Meat processing and packing plant
Wage Range is $19.55 up to $23.50 as per the collective bargaining agreement
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (1+ years of experience) is $21.25
Starting rate for entry-level (zero to less than 1 year of experience) is $19.55
as per the collective bargaining agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision care and Employee Assistance Program benefits will commence after three months of continuous employment.
Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
- Working in a time-sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
of meats using knives;
- Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications;
- Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety
requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
- Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
- Training for junior employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
- Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
- Completion of secondary school
- 3-5 years meat cutter/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value)
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must pass a Company Medical Examination
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
New Sign-On Bonus!
To apply visit our website: https://careers.cargill.com/highriver-ab