Lafarge Canada Inc.
Lafarge Canada Inc.
Education: No education is required
Experience: 3 years of related experience
Security: Clearance on a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test is required, Medical fitness test required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Personal Suitability: Team Player, Judgement
Types of Materials: Hardeners and epoxies, Reinforcing membrane and protective covering, Colours and sealers
Work Setting: Roads and bridges, Sidewalks and curbs
- Prepare granular base
- Check formwork, granular base, and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Apply steel reinforcements as necessary
- Waterproof, damp-proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Finish surfaces of castings using screed or trowel
- Monitor safety conditions
Job Location: Based in Edmonton, AB, work in various locations in the Edmonton area. Travel expenses covered by employer.
Wage: $31.00 to $34.73 /hour (based on skills and experience/salary increases as per company’s policy)
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal employment, full-time, 40 to 80 hours per week (weather dependent), Overtime, Morning, Day,
Evening, Weekend, Night
Benefits: Dental benefits, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Pension plan. Bonus.
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
How to apply:
By email: email@example.com
By mail: 22131-112 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5S 2T8
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.