H. Wilson Industries (2010) Ltd.
Pipelayer, Underground Construction (NOC 75110)
- Employer: H. Wilson Industries (2010) Ltd.
- Job Locations: Position requires travel to various locations in the Fort McMurray region (AB). Travel expenses paid by employer
- Wage: $29.00 to $33.00 / hour (based on experience level; salary increases as per Company policy).
- Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week (weather depending), Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
- Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
- Vacancies: 8
- Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
- Language: English
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 years of related experience
- Industry experience: Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Pipelines, Underground and tunnel work
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Underground
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Overtime required, Attention to detail
- Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
- Mix, pour and spread materials (ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs).
- Assist heavy equipment operators and ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
- Work independently completing straightforward tasks pertaining to the process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility and a variety of new and salvage materials.
- Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
How to apply:
- Online: https://www.cognitoforms.com/VolkerStevinCanada/HWilsonPipelayerApplication
- By mail: 1045 Memorial Drive, Fort McMurray, AB T9K 0K4
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada, are welcome to apply.