Con Site Construction Limited
Employer: Con Site Construction Limited
Education: No education is required
Experience: 1 year of related experience
Type of industry experience: Road construction
Area of work experience: Asphalt finishing, Fine grading and finishing, Material handling, Rough grading
Equipment and machinery experience: Screeds, Milling machines, Skidder
Type of heavy equipment operated: Grader
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Personal Suitability: Dependability, Team player, Accurate
Work setting: Civil (road and bridge construction, etc.), Roads and bridges
Tools and Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Grader operator will operate graders and John Deere controls such as a John Deere 772 GP and Cat 140 K.
- Milling Machine Operator will control the milling machine and signal the dump trucks and ensure that the trucks are not overloaded. The operator will also help to change the mills’ teeth as well as performs daily inspections, and maintenance on the mill.
- Screed operator will operate asphalt hand controls, and set up auto sensors to achieve the appropriate grade on the finished surface.
- Skid Steer Operator will place and grade material as well as load trucks
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Operate computer-controlled equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Must participate and adhere to all safety rules and procedures
Job Location: Based in Calgary, AB, work in various locations in the Calgary area. Travel expenses covered by employer.
Wage: $31.60 – $35.00 /hour (based on skills and experience/salary increases as per company’s policy)
Benefits: Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Life insurance benefits, Vision care benefits, and other benefits
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, full-time, 30 to 60 hours per week (weather-dependent), Overtime, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, weekend, Night
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
How to apply:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 117 High Plains Place Rocky View County, AB T4A 0W7
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.