Alberta Boot Company Inc.
Employer: Alberta Boot Company Inc.
Education: Not required
Experience: 1 year of related experience
Worksite environment: Dusty, Noisy, Odours
Type of materials: Leather
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Ability to distinguish between colours, attention to detail, Bending, crouching, kneeling, combination of sitting, standing, walking. Fast-paced environment, hand-eye co-ordination, manual dexterity, physically demanding, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods.
Weight handling: Able to lift 50Lb occasionally (crates of parts or materials)
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Judgement, Organized, Reliability
As part of our manufacturing team, the successful applicant will be responsible for attaching the outsole to the upper material and performing stitching on the leather or rubber sole using any of the following machines i.e., Mackay, Ariance, Rapid E etc.
- Properly attach the leather or rubber outsole to the upper before stitching
- Choose the correct material outsole and threads to conform to the standard specifications
- Monitor for quality of stitched product before releasing it to the next operation
- Check that the number of stitches/inches conforms to standard specification
- Communicate with the supervisor in case some quality issues arise
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to the equipment. Report immediately any unnecessary noise or malfunctioning of the machine
- Observe proper housekeeping and safety awareness
- Sewing Experience: Outsole Stitching
- Equipment and Machinery Experience: Leather stitching machine, Mackay, Ariance, Rapid E. Industrial stitching machine
- Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is available
Job Location: 121 10 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0V8
Terms and Conditions of Employment: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week), Day, Evening, Weekend, occasional overtime
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 hourly (Based on experience/Salary increases as per company policy)
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply:
By Mail: 121 10 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0V8
The following employment groups are welcome to apply: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors.