Calgary Programs and Services
A work experience and skills development program for young adults aged 20 – 30 that have completed some post-secondary training.
Launch is an MCG program that focuses on providing paid work experience opportunities and career and employment coaching to young adults struggling with the “I need experience to get a job – I need a job to get experience” cycle. Launch works closely with local employers to provide supported work experience placements allowing the participants to acquire and enhance their skills, overcome barriers to employment and receive job retention support.
Launch offers each program participant:
- Individualized one-on-one career and employment coaching
- Job search skills development
- Up to 12 weeks of paid work experience
- Development of an individualized action plan
- Job retention support after a job has been obtained to enhance participant success
- Access to a Resource Area including computer work stations, job board, and resource library
- Training salary for time spent in coaching/workshop sessions
- Between the ages of 20 and 30
- Unemployed and having difficulty finding employment due to a lack of career focus or relevant experience for at least six months
- Have completed high school (diploma or GED) and have some post-secondary training (college, university, or trade)
- Wanting to obtain full-time employment
- Designed to help young adults obtain work experience and employment
- Earn while you learn. Paid for training and work experience hours
- Offered at no cost
- Approximately 12 – 14 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers in Entry Level Positions:
- Retail/Customer Service
- Hospitality/ Restaurant
- Social Assistance
- Supply Chain
- Early Learning/ Childcare
- Warehouse Associate
- Accounting/ Booking Associate
- Animal Care Attendant
- Help Desk Technician
- Food Services Worker
- Installation Technician
- And many more!
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are between the ages of 20 and 30, have completed your high school diploma and at least one post-secondary course (college, university, or trades) and are struggling to find employment either due to a lack of work experience or lack of career focus, this program is a great option to consider.
Interested in learning more about our Launch Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
Launch - Calgary
“I would like to take this time to thank you for allowing me to be part of the Rebrand Program. From the day you interviewed me for the first time. Giving me the opportunity to have a job…I am grateful you put me in the class to learn the lessons. This will help me boost my confidence and be more positive. As I begin new job tomorrow I want to thank you for making connections…”