Red Deer Programs and Services
Construction Pre-Trades is an MCG program that provides employment preparation and technical training to unemployed Albertans for a wide range of opportunities within the construction industry.
This program offers each program participant:
- Employment preparation skills and computer basics
- Occupational skills training In-House
- Safety Certifications: WHMIS, Fall Protection, CSTS, First Aid CPR-C, Fire Safety
- Construction Shop Projects
- Job Search Techniques
- Work Experience
- Job Placement and Retention
- On-going support for a 6-month period after completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to enrol if you are:
- Currently unemployed
- Looking for employment in the construction industry
- Designed to support successful, full-time employment in the construction industry by learning valuable skills and knowledge.
- Trades-based, hands on, practical training
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- 15 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers
- Residential, Commercial or Industrial Construction
- Service or Maintenance
Windows & Doors
Molding & Millwork
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking for certification/employment in the construction industry, this program may be the right fit for you.
P 403-314-9999 | F 403-314-9299
Address: 4th Floor – 8 – 7439 49 Ave Crescent, Red Deer, AB T4P 1X6
Interested in learning more about our Construction Pre-Trades Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“The greatest part of CPT Program was meeting my mates from different backgrounds, religious and non-religious, skill-sets, experiences and most importantly their family and what was important in their life. Overall, the CPT Program has taught us what was unknown in the construction industry…thank you…for setting up this program, to help out some of us willing to learn new skills and use our creativity in a different setting towards a future.”