Edmonton Programs and Services
Construction Pre-Trades is an MCG program that provides employment preparation and technical training to unemployed Albertans for a wide range of opportunities within the construction industry.
This program offers each program participant:
- Employment preparation skills and computer basics
- Occupational skills training at NAIT
- Safety Certifications
- Job Search Techniques
- Work Experience
- Job Placement and Retention
- On-going support for a 6-month period after completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to enroll if you are:
- Currently unemployed
- Looking for employment in the construction industry
- Designed to support successful, full-time employment in the construction industry by learning valuable skills and knowledge.
- Trades-based training component in a woodshop
- Offered at no cost
- In Partnership with NAIT
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- 17 weeks (Edmonton)
Industries of Employment/Employers
- Residential, Commercial or Industrial Construction
- Service or Maintenance
- Windows & Doors
- Molding & Millwork
- Material Handling
- Trail Systems
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking for certification/employment in the construction industry, this program may be the right fit for you.
P 780-448-1380 | F 780-448-1392
Address: 11th Floor, 10109 – 106 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 3L7
Interested in learning more about our Construction Pre-Trades Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“This class was amazing. The teachers are great and I learned so much, not only about carpentry, but also about myself. I got to meet some of the most amazing people and truly believe that enrolling in this course was one of the best things I’ve ever done. I don’t know where my life would’ve gone without MCG and I’m happy that I don’t need to find out.”