Edmonton Programs and Services
Child Development Worker Program
The Child Development Worker Program is an MCG program that provides industry-specific training to Albertans that qualifies them to work in a variety of different careers in the Childcare industry.
The Child Development Program offers each program participant:
- An in-depth assessment where the participant’s needs are identified
- 16-weeks of classroom training
- 10-week practicum for work experience (400 hours)
- Child Development Worker Certification
- Child Care First Aid Certification
- Follow-up at 3 months after successful completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
- Currently unemployed/working part-time
- Completed High School Education up to Grade 10
- Are interested in working with children in a variety of exciting environments
- Designed to help Albertans obtain their Child Development Worker certification to obtain full-time employment in the childcare industry
- 10-week industry-specific practicum included (400 hours)
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta is in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- 26 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Public School Boards
- Childcare Industry
- Early Childhood Educator and Assistant
- Child and Youth Care Worker/Assistant
- Child Care Worker/Daycare/Nursery
- School/Pre-Kindergarten Assistants
- Special Needs Assistant
- Behavior Needs Assistant
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking for certification/employment in the childcare industry, this program may be the right fit for you.
Interested in learning more about our Child Development Worker Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“My name is Askebir Gebru and attended a 26 weeks Child Development workers training with MCG. MCG has provided the required expertise and resources which made my life enjoyable and successful. As a new immigrant, I experienced joblessness and stress for I did not have a Canadian education. I am confident that the new skills I acquired from the Early Child Development training by MCG have created more opportunities for me in the future.