Red Deer Programs and Services
Early Learning and Childcare
Early Learning and Childcare is a MCG program that provides industry-specific training to Albertans that qualifies them to work in a variety of different careers in the Childcare industry.
Not currently accepting clients for intakes.
This program offers each program participant:
- An in-depth assessment where the participant’s needs are identified
- 13-weeks of classroom training
- Child Care First Aid certification
- 5-week practicum for work experience (200 hours)
- Child Development Assistant Certification (Level 1)
- 380 hours toward Child Development Worker Certification (Level 2)
- Follow-up at 3 months after successful completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
- Currently unemployed/ working part-time
- Are interested in working with children in a variety of exciting environments
- Designed to help Albertans obtain their Child Development Assistant certification to obtain full-time employment in the childcare industry
- 5-week industry-specific practicum included (200 hours)
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta is in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- 18 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Red Deer Public School Board
- Red Deer Catholic School Board
- Clearview County School Board
- Wolf Creek School Board
- Childcare Industry, Central Alberta
- Early Childhood Educator and Assistant
- Child and Youth Care Worker/Assistant
- Child Care Worker/Daycare/Nursery
- School/Pre-Kindergarten Assistants
- Special Needs Assistant
- Behavior Needs Assistant
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking for certification/employment in the childcare industry, this program may be the right fit for you.
P 403-346-8599 | F 403-986-6402
Address: 103 – 4719 48 Avenue, Red Deer, AB, T4N 3T1
Interested in learning more about our ReBrand Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“The reason I joined MCG is that I felt lost. I couldn’t keep a job. I didn’t know how to handle work issues and I could never get a call back for an interview. When I joined, I had awful communication skills and didn’t know how to deal with conflict, nor could I even speak in front of a crowd. Since completing the 9 weeks in class, I am now able to confidently stand in front of a group of strangers and speak. I learned to deal with conflict in the workplace and I am overall more confident in my work ethics. MCG continuously encourages me to do my†best, reach my goals and be the person I know I can become.”