Calgary Programs and Services
Prepare for a career in construction.
Construction Pre-Trades is an MCG program that provides employment preparation and technical training to unemployed Albertans for a wide range of opportunities within the construction industry.
This program offers each program participant:
- Employment preparation skills and computer basics
- Occupational skills training at SAIT including Framing, Doors and Renovations
- Safety Certifications
- Job Search Techniques
- Work Experience
- Job Placement and Retention
- On-going support after completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to enroll if you are:
- Currently unemployed
- Looking for employment in the construction industry
- Designed to support successful, full-time employment in the construction industry by learning valuable skills and knowledge.
- Offered at no cost
- In Partnership with SAIT
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- 17 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers
- Residential, Commercial or Industrial Construction
- Service or Maintenance
- Windows & Doors
- Molding & Millwork
- Material Handling
- Trail Systems
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are looking for certification/employment in the construction industry, this program may be the right fit for you.
Interested in learning more about our Construction Pre-Trades Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“I am writing this letter to your organization MCG to say thank you for providing me Construction Pre- Trades Program opportunity. As an intern within your organization I had an opportunity to gain significant construction skills that helped me not only to be hired in the field but also to lay a foundation of my future. My experience in MCG and SAIT has confirmed my career goal to become a carpenter. I found that throughout the program I enjoyed the hand-on aspects and was energised by the challenge of creatively doing things .I am truly grateful for the opportunity that you granted me. Once again thank you.”