Calgary Programs and Services
StepUp to Success is an MCG program that provides Career and Employment Services to Albertans who require literacy and essential skills development to help them obtain employment. Each program participant has access to:
- A self-directed resource and job search
centrethat provides access to job postings, resume/cover letter assistance, community boards, computers, printer, scanner, telephone, and fax machine.
- Workshops that focus on employment and education, which will ultimately help participants meet their career and education goals. Program workshops include, but are not limited to: Life Skills, Career and Education Exploration, Parenting, Work-Life balance, Job Search and Job Maintenance, and Computer Skills Development
StepUp to Success offers each program participant:
- An in-depth assessment where the participant’s needs are identified
- Up to 20-weeks of in-class training
- Up to 12 weeks of a job-placement component
- Follow-up support for a 6-month period after completion of the program
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support services and programs.
You may be eligible to enroll if you are:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Between the ages of 18 and 64
- Designed to help unemployed and underemployed Albertans obtain full-time employment
- Literacy skills and essential Skills development
- Job Placement component
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Province of Alberta in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Up to 32 weeks
ContinuousIs this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed or underemployed and are seeking employment, this program may be the right choice for you.
Interested in learning more about our StepUp Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“I am is so grateful. The training I received contributed to me securing this position. I am forever grateful for all you have done for me and I will hold you in my heart forever.”