Edmonton Programs and Services
ReBrand: Career & Employment Initiative for Youth in Alberta
What’s holding you back? Learn today’s employability skills and launch your job search!
ReBrand is a province-wide program that provides youth in Alberta with an opportunity to develop essential life and career skills. Participants work through a series of program modules that aid in career planning, education planning, stress management, job search, networking, and much more. The end-goal upon program completion is for program participants to either obtain full-time employment and/or to return to school to pursue further education.
ReBrand offers each program participant:
- 9-weeks of Classroom Training (Personal and Employment Skill Development)
- Career & Educational Planinng
- Resume & Job Search Support
- Short Term Cretificate Training
- 12 Weeks Paid Work Experience which includes on-going support from a Job Coach
- Job Placement
- Currently unemployed
- Between the ages of 17 and 30
- Out of school for a minimum of 6 months
- Able to attend full-time training for 21 weeks
- Looking for full-time employment, and/or to further pursue educational opportunities
- Designed to help youth in Alberta obtain employment/pursue further education
- Paid work experience placement component
- Offered at no cost
- Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy Skills Link Program
- 21 weeks
Industries of Employment/Employers:
- Early Childhood Development
- Service Industry
- And many more!
- Service Advisor
- Kennel Assistant
- Account Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service
- General Labourer
- Shipping and Receiving
- And many more!
Is this program the right option for me?
If you are currently unemployed and are between the ages of 18 to 30 and are looking to gain entry-level work experience, or need assistance with education-planning, this program may be the right choice for you.
P 780-448-1380 | F 780-448-1392
Address: 11th Floor, 10109 – 106 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 3L7
Interested in learning more about our ReBrand Program? Fill out your information on the form below, and one of our career counselors will contact you within 24 business hours.
“The reason I joined MCG is that I felt lost. I couldn’t keep a job. I didn’t know how to handle work issues and I could never get a call back for an interview. When I joined, I had awful communication skills and didn’t know how to deal with conflict, nor could I even speak in front of a crowd. Since completing the 9 weeks in class, I am now able to confidently stand in front of a group of strangers and speak. I learned to deal with conflict in the workplace and I am overall more confident in my work ethics. MCG continuously encourages me to do my best, reach my goals and be the person I know I can become.”