“Our Focus Is People”
Empowering Them to Reach Their Full Potential
MCG Careers – About Us
Our team is comprised of dedicated Career Development Professionals who share our belief in our Corporate Values – Respect, Human Dignity, Empathy, Communication/Information, Adaptability/Flexibility, Responsibility/Credibility. With over 30 years in the business of helping Albertans find meaningful employment, we are the experts in our industry, inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support we provide
- Do you have an uncanny ability to make lasting community connections and build meaningful relationships?
- Are you a high-energy go-getter, who will stop at nothing to reach your goals?
- Is your Education or Experience in the field of Recruitment/Job Placement or Career Development?
Located in Downtown Calgary
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Related diploma/degree; Post-secondary education and experience working in a client-based industry; Career & Academic Advising Certification and/or CDAA Designation an asset
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry
- Experience in Recruitment/Networking for employers and clients
- Energetic, optimistic, confident, adaptable
- Good communication skills; Problem solving; Public speaking
- Demonstrated negotiation and closing skills
- Excel in assisting clients to meet personal and employment goals
- Experience coaching clients through challenges to employment success
- Knowledge of community agencies
- Access to a reliable vehicle
Position Pillars include:
- Development of marketing plan inclusive of print, social media, networking, and relationship development activities
- Maintain public relations and network with community, service agencies and industry related companies to increase program awareness
- Motivate clients to secure employment and to strive for success
- Establish options for Work Experience placements
- Follow up with clients to support employment success
- Engage new employers to develop a strong database of contacts for Work Experience and Employment opportunities and to identify labour market trends/changes/demand
- Liaise with employers to develop and maintain a strong network in IT related industries
- Market clients to employers by using their strongest skills as a tool
- Meet with employers to explain the benefits of selecting ACE clients for Work Experience or employment
If it sounds like we’d make a great team together, and you share our drive to help Albertans change their lives, please send us a resume and cover letter and tell us a little about yourself.
No phone calls please.