“Our Focus Is People”
Empowering Them to Reach Their Full Potential
MCG Careers – About Us
Our team is comprised of dedicated Career Development Professionals who share our belief in our Corporate Values – Respect, Human Dignity, Empathy, Communication/Information, Adaptability/Flexibility, Responsibility/Credibility. With over 30 years in the business of helping Albertans find meaningful employment, we are the experts in our industry, inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support we provide.
- Is your passion focused on helping people meet their Career & Employment goals?
- Do you have an uncanny ability to make community connections and build meaningful relationships?
- Are you a high-energy go-getter, who will stop at nothing to reach your goals?
- Is your Education or Experience in the field of Career Development?
Job Developer (17.5 hours per week)
South Calgary Career & Employment Centre
Qualifications for this Position:
- Minimum 2 years’ Marketing experience
- Career Development Certificate or related Post-Secondary
- Knowledge of program development and implementation; experience placing clients
- Experience working with individuals with barriers to entering/keeping employment
- Understanding of Labour Market
- Social Media, Events Planning & Business to Business Sales experience
- Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- To meet individual (weekly) and team (monthly) goals as outlined
- Liaise with employers for Employment Opportunities
- Ongoing development of marketing plan including distribution of program marketing materials (print and electronic/social media)
- Develop and maintain a strong database of employers for employment opportunities
- Identify labour market trends/changes/demand to be able to respond to employer needs
- Market/promote benefits of selecting clients for employment; branding and growth of the program
- Update and maintain Job Board & Electronic Job listings
- Develop and present at Job Fairs & at local employers
- Meet and exceed program/individual goals/targets; weekly/monthly reporting
- Participate in team meetings and carry out other tasks assigned by Program Manager
- Meet with clients to ensure employment success
- Assist clients in preparing to meet with employers
- Adjust job search tools to meet employer needs
- Motivate clients to accept and maintain employment
- Assist with follow-up clients to ensure their employment success for a minimum of 6 months
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.