“Our Focus Is People”
Empowering Them to Reach Their Full Potential
MCG Careers – About Us
Our team is comprised of dedicated Career Development Professionals who share our belief in our Corporate Values – Respect, Human Dignity, Empathy, Communication/Information, Adaptability/Flexibility, Responsibility/Credibility. With over 30 years in the business of helping Albertans find meaningful employment, we are the experts in our industry, inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support we provide
- Do you have an uncanny ability to make lasting community connections and build meaningful relationships?
- Are you a high-energy go-getter, who will stop at nothing to reach your goals?
- Is your Education or Experience in the field of Facilitation or Career Development?
ReBrand – Red Deer
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Career Development or Career Advising certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Facilitation skills/Adult Learning knowledge
- Experience working with youth
- Strong communication and verbal intervention skills
- Communication & Problem-Solving skills, exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills, problem solving
- Assessing clients for program suitability by identifying employment potential including; barriers to employment, financial issues, stress management, coping with change, aptitude and physical capabilities for employment in the industry
- Deliver workshop curriculum using individualized client action plans and delivery methods that match the client learning style
- Facilitate career related skill development, in a classroom environment
- Identify employment potential including; barriers to employment, budget, stress management, coping with change, problem solving and communication skills
- Explore values, interests and skills relating to career opportunities
- Explore the changing work force, analysing previous work patterns, sexual harassment, employment standards, work ethic, job retention
- Identify future strategies / vocational assessment including; education options, apprenticeship, work experience
- Evaluate the level of competency of each learner to the standards stated in the contract curriculum
- Coordinate community presenters/speakers
- Evaluate appropriateness of dress and personal hygiene
- Build self-marketing skills including; resumes, references and interview skills
- Provide 1-1 counselling when needed
- Keep client files up to date
- Help clients to achieve and maintain economic independence
- Meet with clients on a regular basis (as needed) to identify problem areas
- Motivate and help to organize clients in their job search
- Generate ideas and suggestions to solve individual learner challenges
- Understand and apply the use of assessment instruments to the career planning process. Be able to interpret and use a variety of career assessment instruments and tools through quality assurance workshop audits
- Assist learners to use research, brainstorming and creativity to generate work or education options for any given career area
- Administrative duties assigned by Program Coordinator
If it sounds like we’d make a great team together, and you share our drive to help Albertans change their lives, please send us a resume and cover letter and tell us a little about yourself.
No phone calls please.