“Our Focus Is People”
Empowering Them to Reach Their Full Potential
MCG Careers – About Us
Our team is comprised of dedicated Career Development Professionals who share our belief in our Corporate Values – Respect, Human Dignity, Empathy, Communication/Information, Adaptability/Flexibility, Responsibility/Credibility. With over 30 years in the business of helping Albertans find meaningful employment, we are the experts in our industry, inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support we provide
- Is your passion focused on helping people meet their Career & Employment goals?
- Do you have an uncanny ability to make community connections and build meaningful relationships?
- Are you a high-energy go-getter, who will stop at nothing to reach your goals?
- Is your Education or Experience in the field of Career Development?
South Calgary Career & Employment Centre
Do you have:
- Related post-secondary education and experience working in a client-based industry; Career & Academic Advising Certification and/or CDAA Designation an asset
- Two years experience with career development
- Experience with employment counseling
- Knowledge of the local labour market that will assist unemployed Albertans in building careers and retaining employment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer proficiencies
Position Pillars include:
- Monitor and assist clients with their job search or educational research
- Assist clients with resume/cover letter writing and development; assist with completion of employment applications; computer consultations (related to job search)
- Work with clients in a variety of Employment related career cafes (1:1 &/or in a group)
- Compilation and development of job search materials and information packages
- Continuing support and development of individual client action plans; identify educational and/or employment requirements and help clients to develop plans for reaching career goals
- DRES support to clients
- Coach clients in areas of self-marketing, and job search strategies and techniques
- Set an example by exhibiting a positive work ethic and displaying appropriate workplace behaviours
- Continually develop community resource and industry contacts, and assist clients with problem-solving around barriers or concerns related to employment
- Generate & follow-up on possible employment opportunities on client’s behalf
- Ensure contract expectations are being met
- Complete daily and monthly progress reports
- Maintain regular communication with CEC workers, or other agencies as required
- Perform monthly file management as required
- Promote MCG programs and services in a professional manner; assist in the development of various marketing materials
- Conduct Service Needs Determination and Career and Employment assessments
- Work collaboratively with team and provide support to other programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional information on our organization
please visit us at: www.mcgcareers.com